Prevention of Dental Errors
for Florida Dental Practices
The purpose of this continuing dental education activity is to provide
dentists with the most current information regarding the prevention of
common performance and diagnostic errors. The course covers:
• Identification of the most common quality-of-care violations.
• Illustrative case studies detailing prevalent diagnostic and
• The necessary elements of an RCA.
• Safety systems in healthcare organizations.
• Risk management measures designed to prevent dental errors and
increase patient safety.
This course is specific to Florida statutes and reflects regulations
effective in February 2018 for dentists licensed by the Florida Board of