This topic-based guide to reducing liability in obstetrics and gynecology is an essential reference for obstetricians, gynecologists, family practitioners, and advanced practice providers who are actively involved in delivering women’s healthcare.
Topics in the guide include:
- Noninvasive Cell-Free DNA Testing, Amniocentesis, and Chorionic Villus Sampling
- Pregnancy of Unknown Location and Ectopic Pregnancy
- Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Section
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Indications for Placental Examination and Pathology
- Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer and Management of Abnormal Screening Results
- Failure to Diagnose Cervical Cancer and Management of Abnormal Pap Tests
- Dealing with Noncompliance in the Ob/Gyn patient
A patient safety risk manager is always available to provide industry-leading expertise, including custom programs, practice risk assessments, and education. Contact us at email@example.com or (800) 421-2368.
The guidelines suggested here are not rules, do not constitute legal advice, and do not ensure a successful outcome. The ultimate decision regarding the appropriateness of any treatment must be made by each healthcare provider considering the circumstances of the individual situation and in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the care is rendered.