The Doctors Company is transforming medical malpractice coverage for orthopedic surgeons.
Eligible orthopedic surgeons can get significant savings on their medical malpractice insurance through The Doctors Company’s Ortho Select® Premium Credit Program.
This program is available to professionals working in hospitals, facilities, or single-specialty practices with 5 to 25 physicians. Participants demonstrate a superior claims history, maintain board certification, and complete a CME-approved curriculum and a customized quality improvement program.
Already a Member?
- Program credits of 10 percent
- Claims-free credits of up to 25 percent
- Premium discounts of 20 percent for your nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and surgical assistants
- A generous multiyear dividend for eligible members
- Automatic coverage for participation in clinical trials conducted within an institutional setting or in a physician’s office setting, provided the trial has been approved by an IRB
- Coverage for product liability claims brought by patients of your practice, such as hardware failure or off-label use
To find out if you qualify for the Ortho Select Premium Credit Program, call (800) 717-5333.
Reduce risk and improve patient safety
Members of our Ortho Select program stay on the leading edge of changes in their specialty through extensive courses and activities created by leading clinicians for the practice of orthopedics:
- Exclusive benchmarking data that pinpoints trends in the severity and frequency of orthopedic claims and leads to development of risk reduction strategies
- A physician-led quality improvement program customized for your practice and relevant to the high-risk clinical and practice issues you face on a daily basis
- Industry-leading simulation of high-risk orthopedic situations
- An Orthopedic Advisory Board that brings together top practitioners from around the country to focus on improving the practice of medicine
- 24/7 patient safety/risk management consultation
- Education and CME opportunities
- Orthopedics-specific risk articles