Protect your medical practice with higher limits for cyber and regulatory liability coverage. If your practice is located outside California, learn about CyberGuard® PLUS for other states.
Don’t leave your practice exposed to costly regulatory actions and cyber threats. CyberGuard PLUS from The Doctors Company allows you to increase the limits already in our medical liability policy for more protection.
Download Policy Documents
Already a member or agent/broker? Sign in to download policy documents or pay your bill.
To make changes to your policy or update your information, call Member Services at
CyberGuard PLUS provides coverage for claims arising from administrative actions pertaining to utilization, licensing, credentialing, and misconduct. It can also cover liability related to the theft, loss, or accidental transmission of confidential patient or financial information, as well as data recovery.
CyberGuard PLUS protects you from the fastest-growing threats to your practice—increase your limits by $1 million.
Already a Member?
Protect your practice:
Call us at (800) 421-2368.
Cyber Liability Risks Covered
- Information security and privacy liability.
- Privacy breach response services.
- Regulatory defense and penalties.
- Website media content liability.
- Cyber extortion (e.g. ransomware).
- First party data protection.
- First party network business interruption.
- Notification services.
Regulatory Risks Covered
- Defense of medical board action/disciplinary action.
- HIPAA/EMTALA action.
- Allegations of Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse.
- Regulatory fines and penalties.
- Shadow audit expenses.
- Qui tam (whistle-blower).
- Government or commercial billing errors proceeding.
- Stark proceeding.
The Doctors Company’s medical liability insurance includes coverage for cyber and regulatory risk. All policy provisions are subject to regulatory and underwriting approval and may vary by state. Limits are per incident with an annual limit per policy period. You should consult your representative regarding specifics for group aggregates, retention, notification services, and coverage clarifications.