News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- MAR 23, 2016The Doctors Company Announces $32 Million Member Dividend
- MAR 17, 2016Medical Malpractice Leader Tackles Practice of Defensive Medicine
- MAR 07, 2016The Doctors Company and Pier 88 Investment Partners Announce Strategic Partnership
- MAR 03, 2016Study Analyzes Medical Malpractice Allegations Against Hospitalists
- FEB 03, 2016Rethinking Population Health: Videos Focus on Strategy to Control Healthcare Costs
- APR 07, 2016Cyber Insurer Offers Ransomware Defense Insights, Healthcare Info Security
Recent high-profile ransomware attacks on major hospitals and healthcare systems highlight the importance of taking critical steps to avoid becoming the next victim. Craig Musgrave, senior vice president of information technology at The Doctors Company, offers vital cybersecurity tips for medical practices and offices.
- APR 02, 2016The High Cost of Ransomware Attacks–It’s Much More than Money, The Doctor Weighs In
Craig Musgrave, SVP of technology for The Doctors Company, discusses the growing threat of healthcare ransomware attacks and how practices and hospitals can protect themselves.
- MAR 25, 2016Defensive Medicine Versus Value-Based Care, Medical Economics
Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses why defensive medicine is pervasive in healthcare and what reforms would be needed to reduce it.
- MAR 24, 2016Engage Patients to Improve Outcomes and Reduce Risks, KevinMD
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director of The Doctors Company, and Robin Diamond, JD, RN, discuss why patient engagement has emerged as a key component of reducing the likelihood of an adverse outcome.