News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- OCT 15, 2014Study Shows Anesthesia-Related Deaths Decline; Improvement Needed to Reduce Tooth Damage and Other Injuries
- OCT 09, 2014Healthcare Data Breaches: A Question of When, Not If
- OCT 02, 2014The Doctors Company Appoints Steven J. Bensinger to Board of Governors
- SEP 15, 2014Healthcare Reform Progress Is Focus of National Summit
- SEP 09, 2014The Doctors Company Announces New Vice President for Integrated Delivery Systems
- SEP 02, 2014Fox News Spotlights Dr. Anderson on Healthcare Reform, Fox News
Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses healthcare reform in two recent appearances on Fox News.
- JUL 31, 2014How to Protect Yourself as the Ebola Outbreak Gets Dire in Africa, Yahoo!Travel
Dan Wright, JD, RN, vice president of patient safety at The Doctors Company, provides suggestions to travelers about how to protect themselves from the widening Ebola virus outbreak in certain West African countries.
- JUN 24, 2014EHR-Related Patient Safety Problems Persist 'Long After' Implementation, Fierce EMR
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director of The Doctors Company, is quoted in this article about a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA) on patient safety issues from the use of electronic health records. Researchers studied 100 closed investigations involving 344 technology-related incidents that occurred between 2009-2013 in 55 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities.
- JUN 01, 2014Viewpoint with Jack Lewin featuring Richard E. Anderson, MD, TCTMD
In this webcast, Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses the most common claims brought against cardiologists, critical issues facing physicians today, and how physicians can improve patient safety.
Anesthesiology: Ways to Avoid Patient Injury
Although the safety of anesthesia has greatly improved over the years, a recent study of closed claims found that patients still suffer injuries related to administration of anesthesia. Learn how to help prevent these adverse events.