News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- APR 21, 2015Doctors Face Liability Challenges with Healthcare Reform
- APR 13, 2015Study Reveals Why Emergency Medicine Physicians Are Sued
- MAR 23, 2015The Doctors Company Announces $28 Million Member Dividend
- MAR 10, 2015The Doctors Company and Kevin Pho, MD, Partner to Provide Social Media Expertise for Physicians
- FEB 23, 2015The Doctors Company Announces Comprehensive Risk Solutions for Outpatient Medical Facilities
- MAR 30, 2015House Provision Offers Doctors More Protection Against Malpractice Suits, The New York Times
Hal Dasinger, vice president of government relations at The Doctors Company, provides insight on a bill passed by the House of Representatives that gives new protections to doctors against medical malpractice lawsuits.
- MAR 20, 2015Reduce Malpractice Risks When Treating Cardiac Patients, Physicians Practice
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, describes why all physicians should take note of a recent study of cardiology malpractice claims in which cardiologists are named, because other specialties also tended to be named in these lawsuits.
- FEB 18, 2015What We Can Learn From Cardiology-Related Malpractice Claims, KevinMD
Sandeep Mangalmurti, MD, a cardiologist and lead researcher at the American College of Cardiology Medical Liability Working Group, cites The Doctors Company Cardiology Closed Claims Study in his discussion of the wide cross-section of claims cardiologists face.
- FEB 18, 2015Dive into Cardiology Liability Claims Reveals Common Mistakes, Cardiovascular Business
Darrell Ranum, JD, vice president of patient safety for The Doctors Company, brings awareness to common claims against cardiologists and outlines how to mitigate these risks.