News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- OCT 25, 2016The Doctors Company Endorsed by Georgia Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- SEP 23, 2016Study Looks at Factors That Lead to Patient Injury in Plastic Surgery
- SEP 21, 2016Study Provides Insights on Medical Malpractice Allegations Against Internal Medicine Physicians
- AUG 26, 2016A.M. Best Affirms The Doctors Company’s Excellent Ratings and Stable Outlook
- AUG 23, 2016Expanded Cybersecurity Guide Covers Ransomware and Other Top Threats
- NOV 10, 20165 Strategies to Reduce Malpractice Lawsuit Threats, Medical Economics
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, and Robin Diamond, senior vice president of patient safety and risk management at The Doctors Company, discuss how physicians and healthcare facilities can reduce risks and avoid malpractice suits.
- OCT 18, 2016Are Internists the Biggest Target for Lawsuits?, Medscape
This article covers the key findings from The Doctors Company's Internal Medicine Closed Claims Study.
- OCT 05, 2016Diagnostic Error Most Common Claim Against Internists, Internal Medicine News
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, discusses the company's recent study of closed malpractice claims in internal medicine and key mitigation strategies to address the top risks.
- SEP 27, 2016The Domino Effect of the Affordable Care Act, CAPG Health
Rob Francis, chief operating officer of The Doctors Company, shares insights on how the Affordable Care Act is pushing doctors and patients into other forms of healthcare delivery, and the benefits and risks of that shift.
Why Plastic Surgeons Get Sued Thumb Infographic
Plastic Surgery Closed Claims Study The practice of plastic surgery has underlying vulnerabilities that can put patients at risk of injury and can increase liability for doctors. This graphic outlines the most common patient safety risks.