News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- AUG 27, 2015Study Analyzes Medical Malpractice Allegations Against Orthopedists
- AUG 25, 2015The Doctors Company Teams with The Camden Group to Provide Expert Insights to Members
- AUG 12, 2015A.M. Best Affirms The Doctors Company’s Excellent Ratings and Stable Outlook
- JUL 29, 2015Visionary Offers Expertise on Interaction Between Patient Safety and Malpractice Legal System
- JUL 21, 2015Doctors Can Leverage Physician-Rating Sites to Build Their Online Brand
- JUN 25, 2015Staying Safe in the ER, U.S News & World Report
This article on preventing errors in the emergency room highlights The Doctors Company’s study of 332 emergency medicine closed malpractice claims that found the most common patient allegation was failure to diagnose. The article also features Roneet Lev, MD, director of operations at Scripps Mercy Hospital Emergency Department in San Diego, California, and member of The Doctors Company.
- JUN 05, 2015User Errors Are Top Reason for EHR-Related Malpractice Claims, Ob.Gyn. News
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, discusses the malpractice risks associated with electronic health records (EHRs) and highlights the company’s study of EHR-related malpractice claims closed from January 2007 to June 2014.
- MAY 21, 20153 Changes that Can Improve Maintenance of Certification, KevinMD
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, discusses maintenance of certification in the changing healthcare environment and potential improvements.
- MAY 12, 2015Tips to Avoid Medical Errors in the Emergency Department, KevinMD
Roneet Lev, MD, director of operations at Scripps Mercy Hospital Emergency Department in San Diego, California, cites The Doctors Company’s Emergency Medicine Closed Claims Study in her discussion of the malpractice liability risks faced by emergency medicine physicians.