News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- JUL 16, 2014The Doctors Company Named a 2014 Ward’s 50 Top-Performing Company
- JUL 15, 2014Members of The Doctors Company Benefit from Award-Winning Marketing
- JUL 08, 2014Promote Patient Safety with Seven Pillars Approach
- JUN 19, 2014Fitch Ratings Affirms The Doctors Company’s ‘A’ Rating and ‘Stable’ Outlook
- JUN 18, 2014National Collaborative for Accountability after Medical Injury Includes The Doctors Company
- JUN 24, 2014EHR-Related Patient Safety Problems Persist 'Long After' Implementation, Fierce EMR
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director of The Doctors Company, is quoted in this article about a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA) on patient safety issues from the use of electronic health records. Researchers studied 100 closed investigations involving 344 technology-related incidents that occurred between 2009-2013 in 55 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities.
- JUN 01, 2014Viewpoint with Jack Lewin featuring Richard E. Anderson, MD, TCTMD
In this webcast, Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses the most common claims brought against cardiologists, critical issues facing physicians today, and how physicians can improve patient safety.
- MAY 22, 2014Integrated Delivery Systems: A Crucial Outgrowth of Healthcare Reform, CAPG Health Magazine
This article by Brian M. Parker, MD, medical director of clinical risk management at Cleveland Clinic, focuses on the drive toward healthcare consolidation and the Integrated Delivery System (IDS) as a rationalized model of healthcare designed to improve outcomes and reduce costs. In the article, Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, describes the complex process of managing risk for IDS.
- APR 24, 2014Be Proactive to Avoid HIPAA Violations, Medical Economics
Robin Diamond, MSN, JD, RN, senior vice president and chief patient safety officer for The Doctors Company, is among thought leaders interviewed for this article on the HIPAA Omnibus Rule. In particular, Ms. Diamond discusses the need for practices to conduct risk assessments to make sure they are in compliance with HIPAA.
Protect Your Practice and Your Patients from Counterfeit Drugs and Devices
This infographic provides safety steps to help physicians and office staff avoid ordering counterfeit drugs and devices.