News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- DEC 16, 2014ICD-10 Implementation Poses Challenges for Healthcare Providers
- DEC 15, 2014OB/GYN Experts Focus on Early Warning Signs During Childbirth
- NOV 20, 2014Medical Practices Face Liability Risks Beyond Malpractice
- NOV 05, 2014Measure to Raise Noneconomic Cap on Malpractice Lawsuits Fails in California
- OCT 22, 2014Healthcare Cybersecurity Breaches Featured in Animated Video
- DEC 02, 2014Four Ways to Reduce Diabetes Care Malpractice Risks, Physician's Practice
Caring for diabetic patients can raise some unique malpractice risks for physicians. In this short video, Susan Shepard, director of patient safety education for The Doctors Company, highlights key steps practices should be taking to reduce the risks.
- NOV 06, 2014Physicians Wait for ACA Malpractice Impact, Medical Economics
In this article on malpractice industry trends, Jack Meyer, senior vice president, chief marketing officer for The Doctors Company, discusses the impact on premiums from the rapid growth in size of physician practices and from the consolidation of insurance agents.
- OCT 15, 2014What Do You Know About Breast Reconstruction?, KevinMD
David Charles, MD, member of The Doctors Company Board of Governors and a recently retired plastic surgeon, discusses breast reconstruction options for cancer patients.
- OCT 07, 2014Reduce Malpractice Risks: Infectious Diseases, Physician's Practice
More cases of infectious diseases are being reported today in the U.S. than in previous years. This raises new malpractice risks for medical practices. In this video, Robin Diamond, senior vice president and chief patient safety officer, The Doctors Company, discusses six steps medical practices should take to mitigate them.
Diagnosis-Related Malpractice Claims by Specialty
Problems related to diagnostic error are the most common allegation in medical malpractice claims. These infographics show the top five diagnoses in these claims by specialty: cardiology, family medicine gynecology, hospital medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics, and pediatrics.