News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- SEP 23, 2016Study Looks at Factors That Lead to Patient Injury in Plastic Surgery
- SEP 21, 2016Study Provides Insights on Medical Malpractice Allegations Against Internal Medicine Physicians
- AUG 26, 2016A.M. Best Affirms The Doctors Company’s Excellent Ratings and Stable Outlook
- AUG 23, 2016Expanded Cybersecurity Guide Covers Ransomware and Other Top Threats
- AUG 08, 2016Professional Liability Coverages for Healthcare Entities Focus of New Subsidiary of The Doctors Company
- SEP 27, 2016The Domino Effect of the Affordable Care Act, CAPG Health
Rob Francis, chief operating officer of The Doctors Company, shares insights on how the Affordable Care Act is pushing doctors and patients into other forms of healthcare delivery, and the benefits and risks of that shift.
- SEP 21, 2016The Doctors Company: Malpractice Claims Down, MedPage Today
This article features The Doctors Company's analysis of 1,180 closed claims levied against internal medicine physicians spanning 2007-2014, which found that even with a spike in outpatient claims, overall claims are down.
- SEP 21, 2016Case-by-Case: Anatomy of Malpractice, MedPage Today
This article features case studies highlighting how some of the leading causes of malpractice suits play out in practice, pulled from The Doctors Company's Internal Medicine Closed Claims Study.
- SEP 14, 2016Malpractice Risk: The Dangers of False Positives, Medscape
Darrell Ranum, vice president of patient safety and risk management, discusses The Doctors Company's data on cases of false-positive diagnoses, noting that malpractice cases based mainly on this issue are relatively infrequent.
Why Plastic Surgeons Get Sued Thumb Infographic
Plastic Surgery Closed Claims Study The practice of plastic surgery has underlying vulnerabilities that can put patients at risk of injury and can increase liability for doctors. This graphic outlines the most common patient safety risks.