We keep you informed.
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- APR 09, 2014Ob/Gyn Patient Safety Guide Published by The Doctors Company
- APR 02, 2014The Doctors Company Announces $23 Million Member Dividend
- MAR 25, 2014How Hospitalists Can Lessen Risks and Promote Patient Safety
- MAR 03, 2014Physicians’ Top Risk Tips Highlight Patient Safety Awareness Week
- FEB 20, 2014American Heart Month Marked by The Doctors Company
Protect Your Practice and Your Patients from Counterfeit Drugs and Devices
This infographic provides safety steps to help physicians and office staff avoid ordering counterfeit drugs and devices.
In The Media
- APR 14, 2014EHRs' Advantages May Carry Malpractice Risks As Well, ACP Internist
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director of The Doctors Company, is among the thought leaders who share their expertise on potential risks with electronic health records (EHRs). He predicts that EHR-related claims will start being seen in the next year or two because of a lag between the occurrence of an adverse event and when a claim is filed.
- FEB 01, 2014Who Gets Sued When Heart Disease Is Missed?, Family Practice News
Robin Diamond, MSN, JD, RN, senior vice president and chief patient safety officer for The Doctors Company, discusses steps physicians can take to prevent misdiagnosis of heart disease in women and the importance of strong documentation in case of a lawsuit.
- DEC 13, 2013When It Comes to Preserving the Physician-Patient Relationship in a Changing Health Care Landscape, Dr. Anderson is Walking the Walk, Michigan Medicine
Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses significant changes in health care over the past several decades, his transition from medical practice to executive leadership, and the growth of The Doctors Company from a California company to the nation's largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer.
- DEC 10, 2013Six Ways Physicians Can Prevent Patient Injury and Avoid Lawsuits, Medical Economics
Darrell Ranum, JD, CPHRM, vice president of patient safety at The Doctors Company, discusses how adequate follow-up on diagnostic tests and specialist referrals can help prevent patient injury and avoid lawsuits.