News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- AUG 26, 2016A.M. Best Affirms The Doctors Company’s Excellent Ratings and Stable Outlook
- AUG 23, 2016Expanded Cybersecurity Guide Covers Ransomware and Other Top Threats
- AUG 08, 2016Professional Liability Coverages for Healthcare Entities Focus of New Subsidiary of The Doctors Company
- JUL 20, 2016Napa Valley Hospital Receives Grant to Improve Stroke Assessments
- JUL 12, 2016Award-Winning Campaigns Pinpoint Causes of Lawsuits Against Specialists, Share Doctors’ Courtroom Experiences
- AUG 09, 2016Banner Health Cyberattack Draws Class-Action Suit, Modern Healthcare
In this article on a recent major healthcare data breach, Craig Musgrave, SVP of information technology at The Doctors Company, discusses what hackers do once they get into a system, how long it takes to find out a hack has taken place, and what healthcare systems and practices can do to defend themselves.
- AUG 06, 2016Q&A: Physicians Regard Legal System as Broken, says Doctors Co. CEO, Modern Healthcare
In this Q&A, Richard Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company and chairman of PIAA, discusses the biggest challenges facing the medical malpractice industry.
- AUG 01, 2016What You Don’t Know About Your Medical Records Could Hurt You, BuzzFeed
This article features The Doctors Company's study of closed malpractice claims involving EHR issues and quotes David B. Troxel, MD, medical director, who notes that the number of such claims will undoubtedly increase in the future.
- JUN 25, 2016EHR Safety Goes to Court, Modern Healthcare
This article focuses on a legal dispute between Cerner Corp. and PinnacleHealth over an EHR system that allegedly caused problems with patient safety. The article states that until now most of the lawsuits involving patient safety and EHRs have been handled as malpractice cases, citing data from The Doctors Company's study of malpractice claims involving EHRs. The article also features comments from Robin Diamond, senior vice president of patient safety and risk management at The Doctors Company.