News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- MAY 25, 2016The Doctors Company Offers Premium Discount to Oncologists from Certified Practices
- MAR 23, 2016The Doctors Company Announces $32 Million Member Dividend
- MAR 17, 2016Medical Malpractice Leader Tackles Practice of Defensive Medicine
- MAR 07, 2016The Doctors Company and Pier 88 Investment Partners Announce Strategic Partnership
- MAR 03, 2016Study Analyzes Medical Malpractice Allegations Against Hospitalists
- MAY 18, 2016PIAA Selects Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, as Chair of Board of Directors, PIAA
PIAA, the leading international association representing the medical and healthcare professional liability (MPL/HPL) insurance community, announced that Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, Chairman and CEO, The Doctors Company, was selected by the Association’s Board of Directors to serve as its Chair. The appointment occurred on Friday, May 13, during the 2016 PIAA Medical Liability Conference in Washington, D.C.
- MAY 10, 2016How to Prevent Malpractice Lawsuits Due to EHR Errors, Medical Economics
This article shares insights on preventing EHR errors that can lead to malpractice lawsuits from The Doctors Company's EHR closed claims study.
- MAY 09, 2016Clues to Better Health Care From Old Malpractice Lawsuits, The Wall Street Journal
This article describes how doctors nationwide are using insights from The Doctors Company's closed claims studies to fine-tune their approach to diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up in a range of specialties.
- APR 07, 2016Cyber Insurer Offers Ransomware Defense Insights, Healthcare Info Security
Recent high-profile ransomware attacks on major hospitals and healthcare systems highlight the importance of taking critical steps to avoid becoming the next victim. Craig Musgrave, senior vice president of information technology at The Doctors Company, offers vital cybersecurity tips for medical practices and offices.