News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- MAY 11, 2015James Bagian, MD, Named to Top 50 List of Patient Safety Experts
- MAY 01, 2015Study Reveals the Most Common Reasons Obstetricians Are Sued
- APR 21, 2015Doctors Face Liability Challenges with Healthcare Reform
- APR 13, 2015Study Reveals Why Emergency Medicine Physicians Are Sued
- MAR 23, 2015The Doctors Company Announces $28 Million Member Dividend
- MAY 12, 2015Tips to Avoid Medical Errors in the Emergency Department, KevinMD
Roneet Lev, MD, director of operations at Scripps Mercy Hospital Emergency Department in San Diego, California, cites The Doctors Company’s Emergency Medicine Closed Claims Study in her discussion of the malpractice liability risks faced by emergency medicine physicians.
- MAY 04, 2015Electronic Record Errors Growing Issue in Lawsuits, POLITICO
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, explains how errors in electronic health records (EHRs) are part of a growing problem that increases liability risks.
- MAY 04, 2015Understand the Legal Impact of Physician Extenders, Physician's Money Digest
Robin Diamond, MSN, JD, RN, senior vice president and chief patient safety officer for The Doctors Company, outlines the benefits and potential risks of employing physician extenders.
- MAY 01, 2015Costly Diagnosis Delays Can Be Avoided with Good Practices , Healthcare Risk Management
David B. Troxel, MD, medical director at The Doctors Company, outlines how delays in diagnosis can cause costly malpractice suits and ways risk managers can reduce liability.