News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- MAR 23, 2015The Doctors Company Announces $28 Million Member Dividend
- MAR 10, 2015The Doctors Company and Kevin Pho, MD, Partner to Provide Social Media Expertise for Physicians
- FEB 23, 2015The Doctors Company Announces Comprehensive Risk Solutions for Outpatient Medical Facilities
- FEB 05, 2015New Cybersecurity Report Focuses on Protecting Health Data
- FEB 03, 2015The Doctors Company Announces New Senior Vice President of Insurance Services
- FEB 18, 2015Dive into Cardiology Liability Claims Reveals Common Mistakes, Cardiovascular Business
Darrell Ranum, JD, vice president of patient safety for The Doctors Company, brings awareness to common claims against cardiologists and outlines how to mitigate these risks.
- FEB 18, 2015What We Can Learn From Cardiology-Related Malpractice Claims, KevinMD
Sandeep Mangalmurti, MD, a cardiologist and lead researcher at the American College of Cardiology Medical Liability Working Group, cites The Doctors Company Cardiology Closed Claims Study in his discussion of the wide cross-section of claims cardiologists face.
- FEB 11, 2015Top Business Risks for Medical Practices, CAPG Health
Mike Rosenthal, vice president, The Doctors Company Insurances Services, discusses the business exposures beyond malpractice that practices face that can lead to high defense costs and significant fines and penalties.
- FEB 09, 2015The Significance of the Anthem Cybersecurity Breach, Bloomberg Radio
Craig Musgrave, senior vice president, CIO, The Doctors Company, reviews steps physicians can take to lessen the risk of a data breach on "The Bloomberg Advantage."
Cardiology Closed Claims Study
The practice of cardiology has underlying vulnerabilities that can put patients at risk of injury and can increase liability for cardiologists and other doctors who treat heart patients. This graphic outlines the most common patient safety risks.