News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- JUL 20, 2016Napa Valley Hospital Receives Grant to Improve Stroke Assessments
- JUL 12, 2016Award-Winning Campaigns Pinpoint Causes of Lawsuits Against Specialists, Share Doctors’ Courtroom Experiences
- JUL 11, 2016Risks and Rewards of Technology in Healthcare Focus of National Summit
- JUL 01, 2016Fitch Ratings Affirms The Doctors Company’s ‘A’ Ratings and ‘Stable’ Outlook
- JUN 28, 2016New Partnership Helps Prepare Doctors to Thrive in a Digitized Healthcare Environment
- JUN 25, 2016EHR Safety Goes to Court, Modern Healthcare
This article focuses on a legal dispute between Cerner Corp. and PinnacleHealth over an EHR system that allegedly caused problems with patient safety. The article states that until now most of the lawsuits involving patient safety and EHRs have been handled as malpractice cases, citing data from The Doctors Company's study of malpractice claims involving EHRs. The article also features comments from Robin Diamond, senior vice president of patient safety and risk management at The Doctors Company.
- JUN 10, 2016Making It Possible for Hospitals to Be Honest About Medical Errors, Insurance Journal
The Doctors Company was involved in the development of AHRQ's Communication and Optimal Resolution program, which provides detailed guidelines for hospitals that want to adopt an open way of dealing with medical errors. Robin Diamond, senior vice president of patient safety and risk management, discusses the company's support of the program.
- JUN 10, 2016How Physicians Can Deal with High-Deductible Plans, Medical Economics
Rob Francis, COO of The Doctors Company, is quoted in this article about possible liability risks when patients postpone treatment because of cost concerns due to having a high-deductible insurance plan.
- MAY 27, 2016Medical Professional Liability Market Remains Profitable But Shifting, A.M. BestTV
In this episode of A.M. BestTV, Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses the current state of the medical professional liability market.