News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- JUN 10, 20162016 Young Physicians Patient Safety Awards Announced
- MAY 25, 2016The Doctors Company Offers Premium Discount to Oncologists from Certified Practices
- MAR 23, 2016The Doctors Company Announces $32 Million Member Dividend
- MAR 17, 2016Medical Malpractice Leader Tackles Practice of Defensive Medicine
- MAR 07, 2016The Doctors Company and Pier 88 Investment Partners Announce Strategic Partnership
- JUN 10, 2016How Physicians Can Deal with High-Deductible Plans, Medical Economics
Rob Francis, COO of The Doctors Company, is quoted in this article about possible liability risks when patients postpone treatment because of cost concerns due to having a high-deductible insurance plan.
- JUN 10, 2016Making It Possible for Hospitals to Be Honest About Medical Errors, Insurance Journal
The Doctors Company was involved in the development of AHRQ's Communication and Optimal Resolution program, which provides detailed guidelines for hospitals that want to adopt an open way of dealing with medical errors. Robin Diamond, senior vice president of patient safety and risk management, discusses the company's support of the program.
- MAY 27, 2016Medical Professional Liability Market Remains Profitable But Shifting, A.M. BestTV
In this episode of A.M. BestTV, Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses the current state of the medical professional liability market.
- MAY 18, 2016PIAA Selects Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, as Chair of Board of Directors, PIAA
PIAA, the leading international association representing the medical and healthcare professional liability (MPL/HPL) insurance community, announced that Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, Chairman and CEO, The Doctors Company, was selected by the Association’s Board of Directors to serve as its Chair. The appointment occurred on Friday, May 13, during the 2016 PIAA Medical Liability Conference in Washington, D.C.