News and Insights
Read about our industry leadership and our efforts to advance, protect, and reward the practice of good medicine.
- NOV 20, 2014Medical Practices Face Liability Risks Beyond Malpractice
- NOV 05, 2014Measure to Raise Noneconomic Cap on Malpractice Lawsuits Fails in California
- OCT 22, 2014Healthcare Cybersecurity Breaches Featured in Animated Video
- OCT 15, 2014Study Shows Anesthesia-Related Deaths Decline; Improvement Needed to Reduce Tooth Damage and Other Injuries
- OCT 09, 2014Healthcare Data Breaches: A Question of When, Not If
- NOV 06, 2014Physicians Wait for ACA Malpractice Impact, Medical Economics
In this article on malpractice industry trends, Jack Meyer, senior vice president, chief marketing officer for The Doctors Company, discusses the impact on premiums from the rapid growth in size of physician practices and from the consolidation of insurance agents.
- OCT 15, 2014What Do You Know About Breast Reconstruction?, KevinMD
David Charles, MD, member of The Doctors Company Board of Governors and a recently retired plastic surgeon, discusses breast reconstruction options for cancer patients.
- SEP 02, 2014Fox News Spotlights Dr. Anderson on Healthcare Reform, Fox News
Richard E. Anderson, MD, FACP, chairman and CEO of The Doctors Company, discusses healthcare reform in two recent appearances on Fox News.
- JUL 31, 2014How to Protect Yourself as the Ebola Outbreak Gets Dire in Africa, Yahoo!Travel
Dan Wright, JD, RN, vice president of patient safety at The Doctors Company, provides suggestions to travelers about how to protect themselves from the widening Ebola virus outbreak in certain West African countries.
Anesthesiology: Ways to Avoid Patient Injury
Although the safety of anesthesia has greatly improved over the years, a recent study of closed claims found that patients still suffer injuries related to administration of anesthesia. Learn how to help prevent these adverse events.