The Doctor’s Advocate | Third Quarter 2015
Young Physicians Patient Safety Awards Announced
Six medical students have received the prestigious 2015 Young Physicians Patient Safety Award for their essays detailing personal insights into the significance of patient safety work. Winners were recognized at the Association of American Medical Colleges’ Integrating Quality Meeting. Each winner received $5,000 from The Doctors Company Foundation, which co-sponsors the annual contest with the Lucian Leape Institute. The 2015 winners are:
- Christen Elledge, Georgetown University School of Medicine.
- Hanjay Wang, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Bhargav Chandrashekar, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Charles Spear, Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine.
- James Wang, Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- Kayvon Izadpanah, Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Read the essays at www.tdcfoundation.com.
Entries for the 2016 contest are due by January 25, 2016. Find the application and details at www.tdcfoundation.com/2016ypawards.