HIPAA, Privacy, and Confidentiality Resources
- DEC 01, 2016HHS Office of Civil Rights Warns of Phishing E-mail
A phishing e-mail is targeting HIPAA-covered entities and their business associates.
- AUG 16, 2016Cybersecurity: Mitigate Against Hacking, Ransomware, and Data Breach Risks
Cybercrime costs the U.S. economy billions of dollars each year and causes organizations to devote substantial time and resources to keeping their information secure. These resources can help you protect your practice from this emerging area of risk.
- JUL 26, 2016Ransomware Attacks: HIPAA Burden Falls to the Hospital or Medical Practice
Under its recently released guidance, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) now presumes that a ransomware attack compromises electronic protected health information (ePHI)—unless the HIPAA-covered entity can prove otherwise.
- MAR 25, 2015Be Cybersecure: Protect Patient Records, Avoid Fines, and Safeguard Your Reputation
Cybercrime costs the U.S. economy billions of dollars each year, and healthcare organizations are the most frequently attacked. This article outlines steps you can take to be fully compliant with HIPAA privacy and security rules and to avoid breaches.
- MAR 24, 2015Up in the Cloud: Is It Safe to Store PHI on Remote Servers?
Cloud storage is a convenient and cost-effective solution for medical practices and facilities, but precautions must be taken to ensure stored patient data is secure. This article has tips for choosing a cloud service provider.