Directors and Officers/Management Liability
Protect your directors and officers from liabilities related to the operation and management of a business.
Directors and officers (D&O) coverage protects directors and officers of a corporation (or managing partners in a partnership) from liabilities related to the operation and management of a business. It provides assurance in the event they are sued in conjunction with the performance of their duties as they relate to the healthcare organization—allowing them to make important business decisions without fear of personal financial loss.
Types of coverage:
- Side A for individual directors and officers
- Side B for the corporation if it is required to indemnify
- Side C for the entity
Types of healthcare organizations eligible for coverage:
- Hospitals and health systems
- Clinics and physician groups
- Laboratory facilities
- Blood or organ collection centers
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Rehabilitation and dependency facilities
- Behavioral and mental health centers
- Assisted living facilities
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Retirement homes
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Hospice and home healthcare centers
This coverage also applies to a variety of other organizations that include doctors on their boards and management teams.
To learn more about directors and officers/management liability coverage, contact your local agent or call us directly at (888) 502-1895.
All policy provisions are subject to regulatory and underwriting approval and vary by state. You should consult your representative regarding specific policy provisions. This product is designed for doctors in solo and small group practices. For our largest groups and institutional customers, custom directors and officers/management liability coverage is available.